Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing #5- School 2.0


   Web 2.0 applications are a way for people to interact with each other on the internet.  From the articles I read for the assignment I realized that over half of students between 12-17 are already using web 2.0 application to interact with others.Article  The old way of banking, shopping, buying music, printing photographs, and watching movies has changed.  So why shouldn't school change?  
  School 2.0 seems like a great idea.  Education needs to take a advantage of these web 2.0 resources for learning and teaching as well.  When I was in high school we had a distant learning class where we would go to a classroom, but we were taught by a teacher on the computer screen.   The teacher was instructing 4 high school classes at the same time, and we would interact with the other classmates in different school.  I think that this worked great.  Why shouldn't more classes be taught this way.  Or have a set of podcasts that would be listed for students to do their lessons? A teacher could even use a blog as a classroom.  I am sure that with smaller children an adult should be present, but I feel that the home school online would work.  

Technology is 2nd nature to kids.   Technology is the future for the generation that is school age now.  I say take advantage of every opportunity for School 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment