Friday, June 17, 2011

Thing # 3

Blogging can be useful for many different purposes for students in the education field and teachers in the classroom.  As a student teacher, I can use blogs to discuss issues that I have with assignments.  Bloggers are all over the world and can have different opinions that may be specific to a region in other countries.  Fellow bloggers can comment and give insight on assignments that I would not think of or I could assist them with assignments.

Before this assignment I really hadn't given any thought to blogging besides for personal use.  I like to blog to keep my family involved in my life since they live so far away.  Now I have the idea that I want to have a blog for my classroom to keep parents involved in classroom activities.  I would have a calendar of events, weekly homework listed, and have a place where I could display student art work.  I think that this would be helpful for parents who have busy lives who can just log onto the blog and find all the information in one spot.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time blogging and I am begining to love the idea of having a blog available for my classes once I start teaching also. It would be a really good way to keep the parents informed, but I am also wondering about maybe placing assignments on mine for the students to do on his/her own time (like we are doing). My only concern is that my degree will be for 4-8 grades and I'm not sure if 4th grade is too young to do this with. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea you had about allowing other bloggers to help you out as a teacher. I agree, everyone is so different, which why people can be very helpful to you as a teacher. Since everyone thinks differently they can give you ideas or corrections that you may have never thought of yourself.

    ReplyDelete