Monday, July 4, 2011

Thing # 16 Organize

 For Thing # 16 I have four questions that need to be answered:
1. Which start page did you choose? Why did that one appeal to you? Will you make it your permanent home page? 
  Answer:  I chose iGoogle for my start page.  I really like Google.  I blogged before about my love for Google. 
 
2. How can the online calendars be useful to you?
 Answer:  I have an online calendar with Google and Yahoo.  Between the both I would say that I use Google more.  I can receive update alerts to my email that is directly linked to my iPhone.  This is very useful, because I can set reminders and be alerted at what interval I choose on the web calendar.

3. What about the to-do lists—helpful, too much work…? 
 Answer:  I am a procrastinator.  I am always looking for ways to keep myself more organized and on task.  I explored the page Remember the Milk.  I think that the online tool is useful as well as too much work.  After I set up an account online I downloaded the app for my iPhone.  The problem that I found is that I have to upgrade to Pro in order to sync my devices.  That was a big turn off for me.

4. Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at the school or at home? Which tool(s) would you recommend to others?

I explored the site Zamzar and found the web page to be very useful.  This site allows for files to be converted to different files.  So, if I was sent a file in one format I could go there and convert it to what format I needed to open it.  Or even music can be converted to different file types.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment